Thursday, June 24, 2010

Compressible Kitten Ninjas

They sadly weren't in a board game (that would have been a good photo-op). We looked behind the printer too - and to no avail. They weren't in the boxes either. Or behind books in the bookshelf. The drawer was a suspicion, but I realized they all were closed, and unlike some drawers, there isn't actually open space in the back where they could crawl in.

What they did is much weirder.

As anyone who has visited our house knows, we keep a double mattress crammed under our queen-size, to comfortably accommodate visitors:






That is jammed extremely tight; it takes about a minute of see-sawing it back and forth to get it to leave. Nevertheless, that is no obstacle to COMPRESSIBLE NINJA KITTENS:




Believe us, it took us a while to figure out that there might be about a thumb-height of space between the top of the jammed-in-mattress, the slats, and the actual mattress.




Anyway, they both clearly like it there! Some other cute shots:


6 comments:

Patrick Hart said...

I should have known! Fannie liked to get in the boxspring of my bed whenever she had a chance...

Meghan said...

I bet you would have found them faster then! I was afraid Zergling had escaped the room until Allagash disappeared while we were in there.

Raha said...

Oh man...these are cute pictures indeed. Keep the pictures and blog posts coming :) So how old are these kittens?

Meghan said...

They're about 11-12 weeks old. I guess Miguel has Allagash out and playing with string and laser pointer! I want to go home!!!

Miguel said...

12 weeks, roughly!

Chris S. said...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wkJ7jhdqpAk/TCNMBHXPi8I/AAAAAAAAATs/AvnXT3oPWh4/s1600/Ninja+Climbing+Skillz.jpg is my favorite. SO CUTE!